Friday, December 30, 2005

The end of the world

Oh no oh no... I swear the world is about to end. I don't know man, the tsunami, hurricanes, etc, AND IT IS 31/12/2005 AND IT IS RAINING LIKE I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

Except I did.

IN THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!

We are all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeee.

If we all die, I wanna tell you Momo, Daddy and didi, that I love you, and to all my friends, I love you too, and to my readers, you all are the best!

It's armageddon too soon.

*****************************

Update: Alright, it seems Shuyin just told me the rain has stopped at her side and I am too dramamama.

Remember when we were young(er), trees used to fall all the time during rain?

I loved seeing trees fall.

I would never admit it, because on the surface I always pretended to be a kind-hearted girl and feel for the birdies and squirrels who might live there, and to a certain extent I DO FEEL BAD FOR THE TREE, but as far as natural disasters go, trees falling are as bad as it can get in Singapore.

This is the massive influence of the media I guess... We see these cosmic tragedies on TV, and we are curious to see how it looks like in real life. I do want to see a hurricane. Not experience it, mind you, but I wanna see it.

I used to tell my mom (as a young child) that I want a flood, and she would smack me and say lots of people might die from it (no food, etc, you know the things parents say).

I told her it will be fun to wade around what! Then we can all live in stilt houses! :D

So yes, back to falling trees.

I analogize that to the innate love in us to see something grand, strong, and stable finally fall. There's just a wretched beauty in such misfortune. Sad, innit?

Back to trees again, has you wondered how come in the late years, trees do not fall down anymore?

I think these trees, the surviving ones anyway, have all grown from little saplings to strong adult trees, just like how Singapore has grown too! :D

But of course some of you will argue some other logical stuff like better planting, etc. Sheesh!

I just watched half of finding Neverland at Janice's place (Grrr!), and imagination is a beautiful thing we should never allow to be bound by society's normalities. :)

Peter Llewelyn Davies: This is absurd. It's just a dog.

J.M. Barrie: Just a dog?

Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog?

What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

No comments:

Post a Comment