Saturday, March 26, 2005

FUCKING, FUCKING STUPID.

If you drop your shoe, for some ludicrous reason, into the MRT track, you DO NOT jump into the track to pick it up.

Understand, children?

IT IS BUT A SHOE.

Even if the train doesn't go bam on you, it is likely walking barefoot on the high voltage tracks will give you a sizzled pancreas, and, if you like that sort of thing, perhaps an afro to go with it.

A friend just lectured me on not seeking to make fun of (nothing funny here though) of the dead, but hey ... leaving behind 4 children and a fiancee who encouraged him to fetch the shoe (!), but is nonetheless pretty grievous, I think he should be pretty much given a good shout by a army general with good lungs for sacrificing his life for a FUCKING shoe. (not to mention the people who were late for work/appointments because of the train delay)

It is not a freak accident, ST.

It is not even an accident.

It is suicide.

(BTW, did the title "Man trying to retrieve shoe hit by train" mean he was trying to retrieve a shoe that was hit by the train? *Guffaws*)

p/s: When I read the article I was irresistably reminded of two movie scenes: 1) The scene in Ice Age where the last do-do birds all dead while jumping over a cliff to get a fallen watermelon and 2) The scene in "Honey I shrunk the kids!" where the kids sat a on giant ant and got it to move by holding a long pole with a biscuit crumb on it and letting the crumb be forever just a short distance from the ant's eyes. I don't know why. The scenes keep flashing.

*Boohoohoo Wendy you are so mean! Tsk! What nonsense. I am trying to educate the public.*

Post-note: Keep in mind I cannot stop people from commenting (actually I can but you people want the comments link there right ...). There will always be unnecessarily mean comments, and I don't have the time to delete them all. I have to state clearly here that the comments do not reflect my thoughts, nor does it mean I approve, or even condone them.

No comments:

Post a Comment